Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nighttime

Vân's post about nighttime scenery reminded me of how much I love the ways cities look at night. Maybe it's because a city's character can totally change once it gets dark. Paris goes from one big museum during the day to a city of enchantment and intrigue, the perfect setting for a spy movie. Minneapolis gets a lot hipper and big-city feeling at night. Maybe nighttime is when a city's true character finally gets a chance to reveal itself?

In any case, Vân's post got me feeling nostalgic, so I thought I'd post two of my favorite nighttime pictures from when I was in Paris right around New Year's Day, 2005.

Here's the Champs-Élysées at dusk, looking toward the Arc de Triomphe:



And here's a view of the Seine River (or "River Seine" if you want to sound fancy):


I think pictures of city lights reflecting off of water is probably my favorite nighttime image. Someday I'll try to take cool pictures of the Minneapolis riverfront at night.

No comments: