Monday, August 25, 2008

"Hipster" Doctor Blasts Obama's Healthcare Plan

Dr. Jay Parkinson is often referred to as the "hipster doctor from Brooklyn," so I thought I might as well use the moniker, too. Anyway, here's what he said about Barack Obama's healthcare plan:
If there’s anything that could destroy our health care system and make it look even more like the post office, it’s government-run health care...Trust me, I worked at the Maryland State Department of Health. I saw all kinds of people just dying for the weekend and retirement just doing enough to get by...Come on Obama. You’re smarter than that.

I like what I've seen so far from Dr. Parkinson's approach to primary care, which involves communicating with patients through pretty much any form of communications technology you can think of, and I also like Dr. Parkinson's skepticism of government.

No comments: