He's going to be on Oprah this Thursday, and I'm sure this is just one small part of an upcoming media blitz that will be enormously successful. The promotional clips for the show use the teaser, "Will he run for president?" It's not the first time the question has been raised.
His stance on issues isn't the worst. Some of his positions jive with libertarian [moderate] principles, while others definitely don't:
- opposes mandatory minimum sentences
- is against the death penalty
- is pro-choice
- supports banning some guns
- supports school vouchers
- thinks health care is a "right" but doesn't want to nationalize the system
- isn't really a free trader
Imagine if libertarians had such a candidate. Instead, we have people like this.