Friday, April 29, 2005

How can they not understand?

(courtesy MSNBC)

These protest signs baffle me. They say things like, "HANDS OFF MY SOCIAL SECURITY!" and "Don't Privatize Social Security."

Okay, sure. I agree. I'll leave my hands off your social security. Just let me put MY HANDS ON MY *OWN* SOCIAL SECURITY! Comfortable with the government managing your retirement?? Fine with me...stay in the system, I don't care.

If you're so "hands off," then why don't you take your hands off MY MONEY? Don't privatize social security??? Why not? Let me have control over my money, and you can have control over your money (and subsequently hand that control over to the government, if you so desire).

Just let me make my own decisions. I am not a child!

UPDATE: For comments, see the original blog post here.

No comments: